All Resumes to be emailed to Erica
In this role, you will be responsible for all Retail Inventory and Account reporting including but not limited to tracking, assisting with budgeting, open to buy reporting and inventory turns reporting. You will also be functional on the sales floor on an as-needed basis.
To execute this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Any employee may be required by their supervisor or the owner(s) to perform any of the duties described in their position description, and other duties which may be necessary or desirable and for which the employee is qualified.
- Maintain accurate and timely financial reports, including monthly financial statements, profit & loss and annual audits.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget, monthly forecasts.
- Oversee and streamline day to day transaction processing and month-end close activities, review general ledger account accounts and reconciliations.
- Prepare the business for year-end tax season, closing the books and prepping them to hand to the CPA for final tax preparation.
- Partner with buyer and online sales teams to continuously improve inventory cycle counts and inventory accuracy.
- Implement, document and monitor effective internal controls to safeguard assets, ensure proper accounting of transactions, mitigate risk, and promote operational efficiency.
- Oversee compliance with federal, state, and local tax and business registration requirements.
- Responsible for all inventory accountability and tracking quarterly and annually.
- Receive order confirmations, track incoming shipments, input items into inventory with correct cost and retail prices.
- Inventory accounting activities including standard cost setting, inventory management, and related overhead absorptions.
- Responsible for overseeing tagging of merchandise.
- Work with buyer and e-commerce manager to ensure compliance with vendors’ sales windows and correct pricing online and in-store year-round plus to ensure product availability status
- Must be comfortable with retail sales to cover on the sales floor and to cover sales staff on lunch breaks as needed and especially during peak season (Winter and Summer).
- Answer phone calls as needed.
- Employee will aim for sales goals and assist with training co-workers to understand sales goals targets plus product knowledge and location in the store.
- Experience with the products being sold by Pure Stoke® and knowledge of their application.
- Ability to function in an environment where the tempo changes dramatically
- Self-motivated with a desire to work collaboratively.
- Gets along with a wide range of people and personalities.
- Excellent listening skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to utilize a computer and technological equipment requiring hand-eye coordination and physical dexterity.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Viewing computer monitors for extended periods of time.
- Talking, listening, and typing for extended periods of time.
- Walking, standing for extended periods of time.
- Comfort on a ladder to reach higher items in storage.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment is both in an office environment and a retail sales floor environment. This level has a work environment that is usually well protected and free from hazards or obstacles. There is little element of personal risk or hazard. Job conditions are usually comfortable, with only occasional issues of confinement and temperature change, etc.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Supply Chain, or other business-related field required; Masters of Accountancy preferred.
- 2+ years of accounting/business experience.
- Proficient with Quickbooks, prefer experience with desktop version.
- Experience in a sporting goods and/or e-commerce retail business.
- Expert level understanding of GAAP accounting and financial reporting requirements.
- Knowledgeable about Nexus Sales Tax by State and tracking levels for online sales.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite with advanced Excel skills.
- ERP system experience required