Seeking: Retail Sales Associates - Full Time + Part Time
All Resumes to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in person to our retail location: 202 State St. Hood River, Oregon.
Pure Stoke® has Retail Sales Associate positions available for full time and part time employment!
Seeking full time and part time year-round enthusiastic sales associates who are knowledgeable in outdoor retail and outdoor sports. Must have a focus on customer centric sales, enjoy working with great staff, goal oriented, be self-motivated and have a knowledge of the gear and sports we sell. Shipping and e-commerce experience is a plus.
You will work with a team of enthusiastic adventurers that are excited to learn about products, educate customers, and participate in various lifestyle sports synonymous with the Pure Stoke brand.
- Provide customers with exceptional customer service through selling correct products and meeting customer needs
- Demonstrates a true passion for outdoor sports and lifestyle. Stay informed on the latest products, technology, and market trends.
- Problem solving customer inquiries by investigating problems, developing solutions, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Build rapport with all types of loyal and new customers
- Answer incoming customer inquiries through phone and email.
- Possesses the skills to assist customers with basic local and technical knowledge
- Oversees day to day operations of the store
- Ensures a clean and inviting shopping experience for customers
- Stocking and Merchandising products throughout the 4000 sq ft store
- Assists in the coordination of store marketing events.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift on feet.
- Other duties and special projects as the business needs require.
Skills/Abilities We Look For
- A strong background in Outdoor Retail: Water, Wind, Ski/Snow, Hike/Camp/Climb, Board Sports
- 1+ Years of Retail Experience
- The ability to communicate professionally in a retail environment
- Goal driven to meet sales targets as a team
- Understand the importance of stock and inventory management
- Able to implement systems and processes
- Basic understanding in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility with change.
- Organization – Ability to prioritize duties
- Proactive Anticipation of Needs – Addresses problems and acts to prevent them.
- Works as a competent member of the team. Provide back-up support for others.
- Computer/Technical Savvy – Is proficient in using standard office equipment and basic computer skills.
- Initiative – Works effectively while asking for direction when needed.
Saturday/Sunday work may be regularly scheduled.
Full time employee benefits:
We offer a variety of benefits and perks for full-time employees, including:
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Season Pass for Riding at Mt Hood Meadows
- Season Pass for Event Site Parking (if needed/appreciated)
- Annual NW Forest Pass
- Season Sno-Park Pass
- Employee Purchase Discount Program
- Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
About Pure Stoke®
We have been in business for 35 years – you may be familiar with us by our former name, 2nd Wind Sports! Pure Stoke® has evolved over the last 34 years into a 4-season premium outdoor retailer, equipping you with not just gear for the wind and not just 2nd hand gear.
In the summer we feature everything you need for kiteboarding, stand-up paddle boarding, windsurfing, camping, hiking and skateboarding as well as all the local knowledge and hands-on gear knowledge that you want to know!
In the winter we turn our attention to downhill skiing, cross-country and skate skiing as well as snowboarding and backcountry accessing gear with avalanche safety equipment, winter camping gear, snowshoes, and all the books.
We will always do what we love, sell what we use, and do the research for you!